Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Palmdale CA
Well someone here on the forum took their tortoise to a nursing home and it turned out to be really great! I thought maybe I could take my tortoise's to a children's hospital. Do you guys think that would be a bad idea? Do you think the tortoise's would get sick? Or do you think I should. I didn't know which section to post this in so if you moderators think there is a better section go ahead and move it to another section. Thanks for your input fellow TFO members!
~TB

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
I think a children's hospital is a risky proposition. Salmonella + health-compromised children is probably not the best combination.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
HLogic said:
I think a children's hospital is a risky proposition. Salmonella + health-compromised children is probably not the best combination.

I agree. We were in a children's hospital for a week with our newborn for a mild fever, and you wouldn't believe the fuss they made over us having tortoises at home. :rolleyes:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't think it would be allowed. However, I think you could ask. Supply them with exact detail of how you would want to do it and maybe offer to have hand sanitizer for the kids to use after they touch the tortoise. Another idea, if the hospital won't let you would be youth homes.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
HLogic said:

I agree!

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Unless you are sure that the children there are in perfect health and they get a proper wash after contact...

But they are children anyway, don't think their parents will be happy if they know the risks :D

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I love where your heart is but being a nurse all of those places you mentioned would be very bad for PR. One kid/person gets sick and you would be blamed. Even if it was bird flu!! Better to love your babies at home.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Kathy Coles said:
I love where your heart is but being a nurse all of those places you mentioned would be very bad for PR. One kid/person gets sick and you would be blamed. Even if it was bird flu!! Better to love your babies at home.

Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.