Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
Terry Allan Hall said:
dmmj said:
OK not let me phrase this correctly. I do not condone what was done, but how should he be held responsible? is it a crime to do that?

Cruelty to animals is a crime in most places.

It is a crime here, although too many times all the person gets is a "slap on the wrist".

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
The animal cruelty laws are not strong enough. I only hope in time we can make them stronger and the punishment more severe to people who do things like this. I agree he will get no punishment for doing this to the tortoises. Laura's right, it looks pretty good other then that. Makes you wonder. That's the sad part. He obviously thinks what he did was alright to do. Education from people and forums like this is what will get the message out. I actually agree with Dean's post and think it would be a good idea. ;)

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
well i think some people think that the shell is like a nail so i would not hurt them am i correct in thinking the tortoise's bone forms under the shell so if they drill through the shell they are drilling through bone too, so it got to hurt them i know it would hurt us if someone drilled through our bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.