Hi were new!! soon to be turtle owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica_Keith

5 Year Member
Hello all,

So as you can tell by are profile name, I'm Keith and my fiance is Jessica.
Jessica is the turtle fanatic. And she has got me into Turtles of all kinds when we started dating.
I will also be the handy man building the Tort Table for are Tortoise LOL.

We have never owned a tortoise before, and are looking to get are first one.
We have done a ton of homework on them.
Are next step would be to talk to some turtle owners and get more info from them. And this forum we think we be a great way to do that. I've been reading a lot of the beginners guide to tortoise here, and as well on other sites, we have decided to go with a Russian Tortoise. (providing we can find one.)

We live in Squamish B.c Canada (just north of Vancouver). So we will be making a Tort Table for him to live in year around.
We have a bunch of questions but we will post them in the applicable forum pages.

Cheers Keith and Jessica

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Keith (and Jessica):

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Cloud 9

5 Year Member
So. Cal.
Welcome to the tortoise forum community Keith and Jessica :).

danny00

5 Year Member
Welcome you have came to the right place to ask any tortoise question,I am a starter here on tortoise forum too and I think you should get a russian tortoise because they are the best starter tortoises out there but one thing you got to keep in mind is that they are the best hiders they love to burrow under the ground so if you are going to get a russian tortoise be sure to make the soil or whatever you are going put in the encloser kind of deep so they are able to burrow.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
I'm also from Canada but Ontario if you go on kijiji you can fond all sorts forsale young one also. I've never seen a Russian in stores you can ask exotic stores to order. Maybe lol. But kijiji is also cheaper. There some forsale in Toronto on it but far from you very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.