Hi newbie at tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhou777

5 Year Member
Hello im new to this forums and im doing a ton of research on the russian tortoises(heard they were the easiest to keep but dont know if thats true), since this forum seems to pop up whenever i search any tortoise related questions i decided to give it a try. ive heard that a rubbermaid 50 gallon plastic container would work as a proper home for russian tortoises but alot of people build tortoise tables so i dont know if a newbie at tortoises should keep one in a cheap rubbermaid container or right of the bat build a tortoise table.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) Yes, the Russians are one of the best beginner torts. Depending on the age whether a tote would be better then a table. Hatchlings need more humidity then adults. Tote easier to keep higher humidity then table. Also, when it is warm outside, they do need to be outside. If its a baby, you can bring them in at night. If an adult, they should be house outside 24/7 during warm weather.

BTW, you found the best place for the correct info.

rhou777

5 Year Member
the only problem with that is my back yard is a hill basically so it would be impossible to fence off an area

rhou777

5 Year Member
also r u suggesting that if i were to get a baby russian to get the rubbermaid container and that if i were to get an adult russian i should just make a tortoise table

Status
Not open for further replies.