Hi New member from UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

clare

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi all - this site is so interesting, I am amazed how much you all know about tortoises - the tank that we keep our tortoise in has been put to shame. We have had our Hermanii for 2 months and she is 4 months old. My two son's aged 7 and 5 picked the name Leo (after Leornardo from Ninja turtles lol), but I haven't the heart to tell them both I think she is a girl. We are in the very early learning stages so this site is going to be great as some info can be conflictive. Anyway hope to learn lots to make sure we have a happy tort!!!

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
uk
hi Clare and welcome to the forum from another UK member:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Clare: It is very interesting to have members from different countries on the same lists so we can compare notes, so to speak. Your tortoise guru (AH) says there is no difference in the way you keep tortoises all over the world...same way, but I beg to differ. You have to make allowances for your weather, humidity...there are many many different things to make allowances for. For instance, if you live in Brazil, you probably don't have to do much to provide a good habitat for a red-foot tortoise, but if you live in Mojave, California, you have to plant trees, shrubs, ground-cover and provide a misting system to keep the tortoise in the manner to which it is accustomed!

Again, we're glad you're here. So, do you have a picture of Leo you can share with us?

Yvonne

clare

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum, Clare: It is very interesting to have members from different countries on the same lists so we can compare notes, so to speak. Your tortoise guru (AH) says there is no difference in the way you keep tortoises all over the world...same way, but I beg to differ. You have to make allowances for your weather, humidity...there are many many different things to make allowances for. For instance, if you live in Brazil, you probably don't have to do much to provide a good habitat for a red-foot tortoise, but if you live in Mojave, California, you have to plant trees, shrubs, ground-cover and provide a misting system to keep the tortoise in the manner to which it is accustomed!

Again, we're glad you're here. So, do you have a picture of Leo you can share with us?

Yvonne
Thanks for the welcome!! I agree with you about having to make allowances for the weather we don't have a very good summer over here - well not for very long anyway - so I don't think Leo will be getting out in the garden very much. I've got some photo's and I'll download them soon.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:) Hello! It's very nice to have you joining us.

Status
Not open for further replies.