Hi, new black Greek tort owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Gatwood

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM
My two month old black Greek tort baby arrived via Fed Ex today. I haven't even seen it yet, because I'm at work and my son opened the box. He said, "We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet," so I assume he and the Fed Ex guy were both there.

So here I am at work, busy perusing this site and trying to avoid posting the same questions every other new owner has posted! I ordered a turtle table from Tortoise Supply (in Las Vegas, NV), which should arrive soon. I got cypress substrate and a PowerSun UBV light.

I've had Western Box Turtles before that reproduced in my yard. I'll be creating an outdoor enclosure for my new baby, too.

Am dying to get home and see my new tortoise.
Jill

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
Welcome!:)
I'd love to see pictures of your new Greek once you can take some!
I actually bought both my greek hatchlings(Ones a golden and the other an ibera) from Tortoise Supply and have been thinking about getting a black.

Cloud 9

5 Year Member
So. Cal.
gratz! and welcome to the Tortoise Forum Community! :].

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
Welcome Jill! Ah, I couldnt wait to get home and see the new pet.
Funny your son and the FedEx guy (probably) looked at the tortoise together. :D If I delivered packages... I would really want to know as well, what kind of animal I am transporting...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Welll Howwwdyyyy..... " Welcome to your new addiction "

JD~:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D How sad that you had to be at work, when he arrived. What an exciting time and little bit scary when your first tortoise arrives. Relax, your going to do fine. I look forward to having you as part of our family. ... oh and yes, lots of pictures please! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.