HI im dylan from oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan_Huelle

5 Year Member
my name is Dylan and im from Edmond Oklahoma and I am interested in getting a leopard tortoise, id like to know some more about them and see if there is any breeders near me. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort::tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Dylan, and welcome to the Forum!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you have a nice outside yard that is safe from varmints and human predators, that the tortoise can't escape from, and also a good sized indoor space for winter time, then a leopard would be fine for you. They get fairly large...25 to 30lbs, so they need a fairly big plot of land to graze on. Also, they don't hibernate, so you would have to provide either a heated shed, heated basement or very large indoor spot for the cold months.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) The third thread at the bottom of my post are Toms, a member and its about how to raise a hatchling leopard tortoise. You can start there. There are two species of leopards. The babcocki, the smaller and the pardalis leopard the larger of the two and the more expensive. Both species get large enough that they will eventually have to live outside 24/7 in a heat shed, unless you can give them a large room for colder winter months. I don't know of any leopards available at this time as far as any members having any, but you can look through the for sale section.

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
I got my leopard tortoise from LLL reptile, and he came very healthy and alert and everything you'd want. If you could find any on this forum, then that wouldn't be a bad place to get one either, I know forum members really take care of their torts the best they can. They've really helped me, and I am pretty positive I checked earlier this week on LLLreptile.com and they have baby leopard torts available :) Best of luck in your searching. I am using Tom's thread to raise mine, I suggest to use it too, it is in Wellingtons signature on the bottom link.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. Leo's are so pretty. That would make a good choice if you have the space for them. Another of Tom's threads is below my name. If you have a dog, plan on getting a dog, or allow docs to visit your home, then this is a must read.

Status
Not open for further replies.