Hes Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I finally found a purchased my new baby Cherryhead. Hes coming from Mark and Kim Bell of Reptile Industries. She is an awesome person to do business with and I would recommend them to anyone for many torts and supplies. Reptmart.com. Here is the picture of the one I chose. I will post more tomorrow when the little tike gets here.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
(S)he's a beauty, all right! :D

How old? Good luck on the "new baby" sleep deprivation. ;)

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
(S)he is 12 days old they had all the hatchlings eating mazuri for some reason though. I have prepared salads I got ready today. It's hard to go to sleep I have tomorrow off and I'm so excited. (S)he is should be over Oklahoma about now. I've been watching UPS updates like crazy. I feel this tort is making me obsessive in some ways.

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
at least they're not feeding them garbage:\
Have you ever seen a redfoot in person? You'll love them even more! congrats
hmmm, are their yolk sack all absorbed?

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Defiant said:
It's hard to go to sleep I have tomorrow off and I'm so excited. (S)he is should be over Oklahoma about now. I've been watching UPS updates like crazy. I feel this tort is making me obsessive in some ways.

Geez, it hasn't even arrived and you're already addicted...you should have read the warning label before you decided to try "just one"! ;)

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
Yes it should be absorbed by now she said she would email me again when she felt they were ready to ship. Got that email this morning and she shipped today. I have never seen a Cherryhead in person. Nor any other torts besides Galp, Aldas, my 3 toed and the poor sad looking russians in the local petco. I have the enclosure totally completed with a really nice humid hide which is maintaining 93% humidity inside outside the enclosure is holding 85% and goes up with the fogger on for about 15min. I found I needed to turn the fogger on every 6hrs or so to stay above 85%. Temps are holding very well also 71 on cool side and 83 on the warm side with the dimmer at half way. Ive done alot of testing the past few days.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I'm so excited for you Shaun! I know how much work and research you put into this and when you see that lil' sweetie, it will all be worth it. This is how the addiction starts...........

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Wow, very vibrant! Congrats! Be prepared to fall in love if you haven't already
Agua_Turtle677893_Emote_icon_by_Agua_Turtle677893.gif

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
you should have read the warning label before you decided to try "just one"!
Yah that won't last long I'm already talking the woman into a couple more.

llamas55

5 Year Member
Northfield, MN
Stephanie Logan said:
Defiant said:
It's hard to go to sleep I have tomorrow off and I'm so excited. (S)he is should be over Oklahoma about now. I've been watching UPS updates like crazy. I feel this tort is making me obsessive in some ways.

Geez, it hasn't even arrived and you're already addicted...you should have read the warning label before you decided to try "just one"! ;)

haha, like my bumper sticker : rat terriers are like potato chips, you can't have just one.

same for RF. enjoy. read all of terry's (and others') food sheets for babies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Defiant said:
Yes it should be absorbed by now she said she would email me again when she felt they were ready to ship. Got that email this morning and she shipped today. I have never seen a Cherryhead in person. Nor any other torts besides Galp, Aldas, my 3 toed and the poor sad looking russians in the local petco. I have the enclosure totally completed with a really nice humid hide which is maintaining 93% humidity inside outside the enclosure is holding 85% and goes up with the fogger on for about 15min. I found I needed to turn the fogger on every 6hrs or so to stay above 85%. Temps are holding very well also 71 on cool side and 83 on the warm side with the dimmer at half way. Ive done alot of testing the past few days.

I'll always remember the first PIP! CONGRATS..
36_2_471.gif

Humidity sounds good.. actually redfoots don't need 'cool/warm' sides.. keep the ambient temps at low-mid 80's min.!

You may want to check out the redfootcare link in my Sig. [ plenty of pics ]

NERD

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
Redfoot NERD said:
36_2_471.gif

Humidity sounds good.. actually redfoots don't need 'cool/warm' sides.. keep the ambient temps at low-mid 80's min.!

NERD

I plan to follow your caresheets very closely. I would love nothing more than my lil guy to look like some of yours. Although finding chicory is not going so well. The local supermarkets only carry mustard,collard,red chard, and your normal lettuces; butter, romain and iceberg.

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
60 miles south of Chicago
Defiant said:
Redfoot NERD said:
36_2_471.gif

NERD

I plan to follow your caresheets very closely. I would love nothing more than my lil guy to look like some of yours. Although finding chicory is not going so well. The local supermarkets only carry mustard,collard,red chard, and your normal lettuces; butter, romain and iceberg.

Feed what you can that is in season.:D
Stagger's main source of greens right now is regular collard greens because it's about all I can find right now.
Once summer comes, he'll get a bigger variety like hibiscus and various other fruits and veggies that will then be in season.
Your tort will be fine on collards for a green source.
Even Terry would agree.
We've had the conversation a few times.
You can also add in some mushrooms (Stagger would do ANYTHING for a mushroom).
Congrats on getting your new RF!!!

Darling little buggers, ESPECIALLY at that size. :D

chpete79

5 Year Member
Very cute. I was replying to another thread and somehow it ended up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.