Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Singing ... v^v^ You are the sunshine of my life ...La ^ la ^ :D
T5.jpg
T6.jpg
T8.jpg

although ..... I have a feeling ..it's more like .." Where's Breakfast " ?

JD~:shy:

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
That's awesome! You shut the door at night, right? When you open it in the morning are they slow to come out, or are they waiting there?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Laurie said:
That's awesome! You shut the door at night, right? When you open it in the morning are they slow to come out, or are they waiting there?

yes all of them are round up and tucked away at night. There is always the Alpha Male Cherry who bolts out first every am. Most start to wander out by noon ...although there is always the slackers or the smart one's as the hut itself stays cool on hot afternoons. If food is smelled they all come rushng out , and I swear RF's have the best sense of smell of any tort species. Inside the hut , there is a large 3'x'7' heated hide that closes up (can keep torts extra toasty and helpful in the winter time) or can be fully top opend up. Along with small area to roam away from any heat source. Even an elevated nest box approx 14" deep for the odd times they decide to lay ( yes they have used it several times) inside. The hut itself is about 56 sf. floor space with 7'- 9 foot ceiling ( its peeked) a mist system and full elec. with broad spectrum lighting/heating and shop lighting, it's divided into two parts for seperation of Rf's and Cherries....both inside and out with two different access doors and a continued boarder through out the yard . I also have 3 different tort tables that are attached from the walls ( imagine extra large bookselfs) that I use for hatchlings, quarantine and even a " sick bay". Heck thats just the hut .. you should see my office....it's turned in to Dr. Dolittles place. 2 incubators, the breeding colony of electric blue's , snakes, and of course my beloved " SALLY "
SL1.jpg
aj10.jpg

" HAPPY TORT~N"

JD~:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay. You have my favorite flowers, my favorite bird, I love your torts, but I am bringing my favorite and we are moving in. I love your pics. You should start an ongoing thread like ALDABRAMAN. Everyone enjoys your pictures so much.:D

Oh, BTW I will be bringing a Bengal cat, Bull Terrier dog, a Quaker Parrot, a hermit crab, 100 gallon Marine tank, two koi and a very old goldfish, a uromastyx lizard, my husband and 15yr. old son and of course my cutie leopard Tatum. So make room:p :D

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
Great pics! But you just put that stupid song in my head. Thanks a lot! :p

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
RonHays said:
Great pics! But you just put that stupid song in my head. Thanks a lot! :p

LOL .. Ron ... you too? ...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.