help with Sulcata Hatchlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgefromla

5 Year Member
photo-5.JPGi bought 2 sulcata hatchlings thinking they where turtles and would be easy to take care of as soon as i got home my father told they where not turtles but tortoises so i spent 500 dollars in 3days to make sure they dont die so i need help too figure out if everything is the way it should be

Last edited by a moderator:

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Welcome to the forum, Georgefromla! :)

At the top of the sulcata tortoise section of this forum are five stickied posts. These posts include info on sulcata diets, caresheets for hatchlings, and background info on the species. I recommend reading these if you haven't already. These will show you how to take care of these hatchlings and will give you an idea of what to expect when they get bigger. The first five posts listed here: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/forum-88.html

Feel free to post any specific question you have.

btw - the enclosure in your picture looks fantastic. You're off to a great start. :)

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
Hi and welcome to TFO! Those threads are great sources of info! The key things about hatching sullies is keeping them warm and humid. Temps above 85 and humidity above 70% is what you want for these babies. Also providing a food dish they can get in and out of easily is key. You might want to replace the one you have in there with one that is flush with ground. Good luck and have fun with your babies :) keep us updated and provide us with lots of pictures :)

Life is good

Status
Not open for further replies.