Help... What is the best clamp lamp size for an MVB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry C.

5 Year Member
Sorry if this has been talked about but I ordered a MVB and the last thing I need to buy is a clamp lamp. I am planning to go to Home Depot tomorrow and didn't know what size to get. I know the MVB's are quite big so what size should the dome be? Thx

John

5 Year Member
I use the 10" model with the porcelain fixture its around $12.00 at the depot

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I don't think Home Depot has much of a selection of porcelain lights. Just make sure it's porcelain, and it'll probably be called a brooder light. I think 10"-11" is fairly standard for them.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
squamata said:
I use the 10" model with the porcelain fixture its around $12.00 at the depot

That will work, we have used them also. Porcelian is the key!

Larry C.

5 Year Member
Ok just got back and got it thx.... But how the hell do you install the actual clamp to the fixture. Sorry for my ignorance but I never had one of these.

John

5 Year Member
Larry C. said:
Ok just got back and got it thx.... But how the hell do you install the actual clamp to the fixture. Sorry for my ignorance but I never had one of these.

i prefer too use the hanger,but you spread the hanger where the little screw is and put it around the porcelain then tighten the screw

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Loosen the wing nut so you can put the porcelain in the middle of this
gs016.jpg

Larry C.

5 Year Member
squamata said:
Larry C. said:

i prefer too use the hanger,but you spread the hanger where the little screw is and put it around the porcelain then tighten the screw

I got that but that piece is not connected to the clamp. I can't seem to figure out how that goes.

John

5 Year Member
coreyc said:
gs016.jpg

lol, there you go, illustrations

Larry C.

5 Year Member
squamata said:
coreyc said:
gs016.jpg

NICE thanks that did it. Although thats not the most secure way to lock it but maybe I need a wing nut driver to tighten it.

John

5 Year Member
Larry C. said:
squamata said:
coreyc said:
gs016.jpg

NICE thanks that did it. Although thats not the most secure way to lock it but maybe I need a wing nut driver to tighten it.

if you make it to tight the porcelain will crack

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
home depot, but i actually found one at my reptile store, they only charged me two dollars

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its pretty hard to get the light shining straight down (per the instructions on the box) with the clamp. I much prefer to hang them without using the clamp. If your MVB is clamped at an angle it shortens the life of the bulb.

Larry C.

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Its pretty hard to get the light shining straight down (per the instructions on the box) with the clamp. I much prefer to hang them without using the clamp. If your MVB is clamped at an angle it shortens the life of the bulb.

Yeah I figured that, right now I have it securely clamped to a mic stand I used for Rock Band :D

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Just be careful on what it's hung off... the lamp itself will get really really hot and usually the hanger itself depending how it's hung can potentially get hot too so... if using a plastic hanger... it may melt fall and start a fire... not trying to scare ya or anything but just to be on the safe side.

smallnithin

5 Year Member
What is the lamp ?

LAMP is an acronym for a solution stack of free, open source software, originally coined from the first letters of Linux (operating system), Apache HTTP Server, MySQL (database software) and Perl/PHP/Python, principal components to build a viable general purpose web server.

More Details : LAMP TRAINING

Status
Not open for further replies.