help on tortoise enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise_man1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hey guys it is warm enough for me to build an outdoor enclosure for my russian tortoise. If any of you have any good ideas for a cheap outdoor enclosure please post it here. thank in advance.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A couple of things to keep in mind. Russian tortoises are good climbers, so think about capping the tops of the enclosure. Russian tortoises are good diggers, so something along the edge of the fence, or buried along the fenceline is a very good idea.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have more than one and this is what I built for them, It is all vinyl except the cap which is aluminum.Maybe you can get an idea that will work for you from it.

tortoise_man1

5 Year Member
Michigan
Len said:
I have more than one and this is what I built for them, It is all vinyl except the cap which is aluminum.Maybe you can get an idea that will work for you from it.

Thanks Len that helps, I was thinking I could buy thick plastic garden walls they are about one foot tall and individual pieces are about six feet long so I think that I could bury a row of cinder blocks under the garden walls. I will post some pics when it is done :)

Status
Not open for further replies.