help!!! (not alive?)

Alyce

Morning

Been down to Tally this morning and don't think she's alive :(

She isn't moving... head only 1cm out of she'll and legs seem stiff :(

Last night she was eating and seemed fine then went to this morning and nothing.

Have tried a warm soak.... no response. .. have put fresh greens in. .. no response ....

Temps are 30¤c at least in hot end.

Hasn't been eating a lot in last week.... see previous threads of mine....

I'm gutted..... any ideas????? :(

jeffjeff

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
cumbria england
So sorry to hear that. I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like she's passed. Try to touch her eye if there's any life at all she will react. Animals cant help stop themselves as its a reflex reaction.

Alyce

:( do you think alive or dead?? I think the latter....... :( :(

20150913_152300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
A limp tortoise may still be alive, but if she is stiff, probably not. A member posted about his red foot a while back, she failed the eye test. He was going to buy her the next day, but she was alive again the next morning. So sorry for your loss.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The eyes (what I can see of them) seem to be sunken in. I think this tortoise is dead. I'm so sorry.

tortoise5643

5 Year Member
Looks to be passed away. Very sorry. However, I would wait. One time the heater in my redfoot shed turned off and when I found them it had been below freezing all night. All were stiff, eyes sunk, looked just like that. I heated them up and soaked then and still. Itching until about 1.5 hours later they just started to react. After this, they were just fine and showed no signs of anything like this.