Help me identify pls.

Antoni

So my uncle is moving out of his house and cant take this fella with him, he's been living in a pond with koi fish, about 15in high and the design of the pond is a long narrow pond where it really just swims back n forth, i transfered him temporarily at a more spacious pond at my house, if any of u can name its breed for me that would be awesome so i can figure out how to care for it even further. Thanks

IMG_1208.JPG IMG_1209.JPG

Antoni

Wellington is correct. That's a female red ear slider (Trachemys scripta elegans).

http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Red-Eared-Slider-Care-Sheet/
Also i read the care sheet, and the pond where it was didnt have any basking light as it was just sharing with a number of koi's, its about 10 inches if not a full 12, at this point is it not as sensitive tonliving conditions? Because the pond she's in right now atleast has a place for her to get on if ever she wants to get off the water.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Also i read the care sheet, and the pond where it was didnt have any basking light as it was just sharing with a number of koi's, its about 10 inches if not a full 12, at this point is it not as sensitive tonliving conditions? Because the pond she's in right now atleast has a place for her to get on if ever she wants to get off the water.
If it was outside in a pond, it would have basked in the sun. The short tail is one sign of being female. The toes would be another sign, but we can't really see them.

Antoni

If it was outside in a pond, it would have basked in the sun. The short tail is one sign of being female. The toes would be another sign, but we can't really see them.
So she doesn't necessarily need to be on a rock where the sun is? She could just pop ger head and get some sun?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So she doesn't necessarily need to be on a rock where the sun is? She could just pop ger head and get some sun?
No, they need to get out of the water and dry out. They spend a big part of their day out of the water. They don't need a UVB bulb if they have enough daily sun to warm up with.