Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I am a new owner of a male russian tortoise. I found this site very informative when I was looking for so many answers to my questions after acquiring Boris from our local pet store. Thanks to all that have posted. I look forward to finding more information about russian torts on this site.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Nice having you join us! How long have you had Boris? Is owning a tortoise like you thought it would be? :tort:

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I have had him just a week now. I honestly wasn't sure what to expect having a tortoise. I have wanted one for awhile and for different reasons hesitated. I researched before getting him and than when we went to the pet store to get stuff for our other animals, I decided to go for it. I am not sure how old he is though.
My boyfriend made the comment last night that I act like I am a new momfor the first time because I kept checking on Boris and wondering if I am doing everything right...lol. I cannot tell you how much time I have spent looking online for answers and information to make sure I do it right. :tort::tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Rhonda!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The first time Mom behavior is a great sign in my opinion. Makes me think your going to be a wonderful caretaker. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. So glad to have you here.

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Thanks! This forum has been so helpful along with the replies I have received.

mytortET

5 Year Member
Hi and welcome! I never thought I would be spending so much of my time reading and researching about tortoise's. :tort: I'm ET's "adopted mommie". My niece is the REAL mommie but I've completely taken over. :p I'm the crazy one looking for weeds (pesticide free of course) everywhere I go! :D

rhondak

10 Year Member!
Ohio
It's funny the things we do to give our pets the best care.

WITortoiseMom

5 Year Member
I just love this site. I don't post much, but I do a lot of reading. Have learned a lot!

mytortET

5 Year Member
I was the same way TortoiseMom... reading but NOT posting. After a month on the forum, I decided to start slowly by posting to the "newbie's" introduction posts. :shy: I remember the warm fuzzy feeling I got when I read all the welcome posts as a "newbie". :D:p

Status
Not open for further replies.