hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

greta

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spring, TX
we are new here, but not too new too those cute little creatures.

i used to have a great greek tortoise when i was little. and her name was greta. but then one year she just didnt come out of hibernation and when we dug her up we discovered that she didnt make it.
now we have 2 new members to our family. shelly a red foot and speedy a three toed box.
shelly we found at a local store and she was looking at us so we couldnt say no to that pretty little thing. they couldnt tell us exactly how old she is but they guesstimated between 3 and 5.
and speedy we found on a field. she was sitting there and a tractor coming her way. so we picked her up and saw she was bubbling from her mouth. so we took her in and made sure she stayed safe and had water. and when we tried to let her go 2 days later she walked right back in the house. so i guess she picked us.

we also have a bunny, 2 cats and three fish.

we are hoping to someday maybe find a few more torts to add tomthe family.

i guess thats about it. if i forgot anything just ask

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I will beat Yvonne G. to this one and ask if we can know your name...

Glad you saved Speedy from that tractor...

greta

5 Year Member
Spring, TX
lol, yeah
i am tanja, spelled funny cause its german, and pronounced tonya.

greta

5 Year Member
Spring, TX
people just say it wrong when they first read it and then get mad when i dont react.

lets see if i can upload a picture of shelly.
speedy is already asleep so i am not going to wake her, but shelly likes to party at night

she is the size of a soda can
7caddd60.jpg

i will post better ones soon. this is with the phone

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tanja:

Welcome to the forum!!

You have a nice little animal family there. I'd love to see pictures of everyone!

Good job on rescuing the box turtle. Do you know if 3-toes are native to your area?

greta

5 Year Member
Spring, TX
I think they are. They have a lot of them at my in laws woods. We are in the Houston Tx area.
He looks a little beat up and has some bumps and scratches on him. So i really dont think he was someones pet, but if he was they really didnt take good care.
From what I googled they are native to Texas. And I had to google to find out what he was. He has a pretty little face

Status
Not open for further replies.