Hello from So Cal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovetortoises

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello everyone!
I love tortoises! I have enjoyed reading many topics here so I thought I would introduce myself. I have 3 tortoises: Tyler-40 pound sulcata, Sam-3 year old Ca desert, and George- ? age, a Texas desert. I rescued these guys and built them a huge safe habitat with edible plants and grasses, hiding places and a heat house. I am continuing to add on to the area and also looking to rescue a few more tortoises, especially those who need sunny So Cal sun and a big safe place to live. Last year I built a pond (separate from the tort area) and rescued 27 red ear sliders, who are all happy, basking and swimming. Thanks for the great forum, i look forward to having questions answered by tortie people!!
Francie

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
ilovetortoises said:
Hello everyone!
I love tortoises! I have enjoyed reading many topics here so I thought I would introduce myself. I have 3 tortoises: Tyler-40 pound sulcata, Sam-3 year old Ca desert, and George- ? age, a Texas desert. I rescued these guys and built them a huge safe habitat with edible plants and grasses, hiding places and a heat house. I am continuing to add on to the area and also looking to rescue a few more tortoises, especially those who need sunny So Cal sun and a big safe place to live. Last year I built a pond (separate from the tort area) and rescued 27 red ear sliders, who are all happy, basking and swimming. Thanks for the great forum, i look forward to having questions answered by tortie people!!
Francie
Hi Francie,
Great to meet you! If you have any, I'd love to see pics or you torts and you outside enclosure. I'm always envious of all of you in warmer climates. Michigan only allows me to keep mine outside for a few months.

Be well
Jeff

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, Francie!!! And a big THANK YOU! for taking in all those red ears. They are so hard to find homes for here in Central Calif.

Yvonne

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Welcome to the forum Francie :)

Danny

ilovetortoises

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
The sliders are fun! The club brought them in big rubbermaids and they ran all around the beach and then swam in the water like they were stretching out. I imagined that it was like when you go on vacation and find a nice place to rest and swim. It was a very rewarding time considering all that I had put into building the pond. I have some really big mamas, too. Some are very friendly...clearly loved pets. I will post pics when I figure out how to do it. Now I am focussing on the tortoise area and hope to have some more success rescue stories. :) Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.