Hello from Ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samvega

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
My name is Kayla and I'm an animal lover! I've been wanting a tortoise for a couple of years now and after some research I've decided to go with a redfoot. I don't have one yet, I'm currently working on an enclosure.

I can't believe it has taken me this long to decide on one! When I was a little kid, I was a huge tomboy and loved all insects and other critters. My favorite thing was red sliders and box turtles which are easy to find outdoors here in Oklahoma. I always captured these turtles to keep for a week before letting them go back into the wild. Now I hope to have a tortoise as a life-long companion. As of now, I have three cats, two freshwater aquariums and one hermit crab.
I will be sure to post some photos as soon as I get my redfoot. :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and a huge welcome! So what about the redfoot made you decide that would be the tortoise type for you?

Samvega

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
Thanks everyone! Jacqui, in the end I made the decision based on size. I love large tortoises and originally wanted a sulcata, they truly are incredible creatures. But I decided that was a bit much since I'm a beginner. The redfoots seemed to be larger than others but not too big. Rfs are beautiful and seem to have an awesome personality. I'm very excited! I'm glad I found this forum, it has been very helpful so far and I expect that I will come here with many questions after I get my rf. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.