Hello from Indiana!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinGillam

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Bend, Indiana
My name is Robin. I'm 18, from Indiana. I'm friendly and energetic, so never be afraid to talk to me :D

I have been a turtle and tortoise lover ever since I was two years old and caught my first aquatic Map Turtles, Buckshot and "baby" Buckshot.
Here they are when I was age 4-ish holding them. They made the newspaper under the "Spotlight Pets" section.
190482_121393984601859_2291890_n.jpg

The older turtle sadly passed away for an unknown reason. He seemed fine just hours before. Here is the baby turtle from the above picture with me, 12 years later
190731_118766211531303_6617104_n.jpg

My latest and last addition to my aquatic turtles family is my baby Map Turtle "Alister"
200422_118815128193078_5599463_n.jpg

Now I have started my adventure in the world of Tortoises...
I bought, after years of wishing and looking, a Russian Tortoise. I named him Jojo, short for Joseph Stalin. (heehee. Russian. :] ) and ever since yesterday when I brought him home I have been non stop researching tips and info to improve his living situations and ensure he lives a long and happy life. :]
P1110760.JPG

So that is my turtle tortoise history, and I look forward to learning much more about my beloved Jojo and possibly making some new friends as I read through these forums. :]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Robin! *waves* What a cute kidling you were! Glad you shared your story with us. :) So tell, why did you pick a Russian to be that first tortoise?

RobinGillam said:
I'm friendly and energetic, so never be afraid to talk to me :D

:( but I am a shy person myself.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D and beautiful turtles and tort...:p

but I am a shy person myself.

I think someone has taken over Jacquis computer, I am worried....Jacqui, if you can see this, do you need help?....lol.....:p:p

RobinGillam

5 Year Member
South Bend, Indiana
Jacqui said:
Hi Robin! *waves* What a cute kidling you were! Glad you shared your story with us. :) So tell, why did you pick a Russian to be that first tortoise?

RobinGillam said:
I'm friendly and energetic, so never be afraid to talk to me :D

:( but I am a shy person myself.

haha, maybe hijacked, well I picked a Russian because it's all they sell locally around my area, and I didn't want to spend too much on my first tortoise. I really wanted a red foot, but I want to gain experience before spending that kind of money. :]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Robin:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum and the wonderful world of Steppe tortoises!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ascott said:
Welcome to the Forum :D and beautiful turtles and tort...:p

but I am a shy person myself.

I think someone has taken over Jacquis computer, I am worried....Jacqui, if you can see this, do you need help?....lol.....:p:p

No help is needed. Geesh was just trying to be honest with the new person. :rolleyes:

krb1093

5 Year Member
What part of Indiana? I'm in southwest Michigan about 20 miles from South Bend IN

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome to the forum! I live in Greenfield. Nice to see more and more people from Indiana finding this great forum! Hope you enjoy it, and I am sure you will find/get all the info you will ever need from our fellow forum members! You will be amazed at the great support you will get from them. Its really helped me in more ways then just getting tortoise info, being a member here. Best of luck to you!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.