Hello from Delaware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

contessa20

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm Crissy from Delaware. I am a relatively new tortoise owner with just one adult Russian male named Vladimir and he's been with me for 3 months.

He lives in a 6' x 2.5' wooden enclosure in our basement with 2 - 4' Reptisun 10.0 UV bulbs and heat lamps that create temps. everywhere from 101* - 65* (with a temp. gun). His substrate is a coir and sand mix topped with Timothy and Alfalfa hay. I need to plant some weeds and greens in pots inside of his enclosure next.

Outside he has a 2.5' x 24' enclosure alongside my vegetable garden and strawberry patch. He's only making occasional use of it right now since the weather is still mostly cold and dreary. It is planted with a tortoise grass/weed mix. I would still like to add a shallow concrete pool before summer.

In addition to Vladimir, I also have a variety of other animals and humans in my home. I'm mom to 1 - 13 yr. old boy and wife of 14 yrs. to my husband. I have 4 cats, 2 rats, 1 rabbit, 1 bearded dragon, and 1 green iguana as well. My husband is utterly in love with Sulcatas and wants to buy a farm to house as many as possible instead of farm animals. :p

ScottishFish

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
You've certainly came to the best place for advice/help and like minded people!! Welcome to the Forum :)

1 Eastern Hermanns Tortoise 2.5yo

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Crissy!

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
Hi and welcome to the forum! I think the idea of a farm with just sulcata's is an excellent idea :) I myself would love to have that too one day

contessa20

5 Year Member
Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone. And, welcome to you as well, Yuru.

Status
Not open for further replies.