hello everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockym

5 Year Member
Hello!
New to the forum, here. I recently found a california desert tortoise and wanted all the resources possible to take great care of her!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
He rockym:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Sometimes we get side-tracked by something and forget to look at the big picture.

Rockym: Where did you find this tortoise? It is illegal to "find" them in their home territory and subject to quite a large fine.

If the tortoise was found wandering in the street then I'm wondering if you made an effort to find the tortoise's keeper? Most tortoises that one "finds" wandering around the neighborhood belonged to someone else before you found it. I'm sure they're just heartsick at having lost their tortoise.

Don't get me wrong...I'm very happy to have you here with us on the Forum, but I would like to know more of the story about this tortoise.

rockym

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
He rockym:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

I'm rocky and my tortoise is Eloise- We live in anaheim california!

rockym

5 Year Member
Torty Mom said:
Welcome to TFO! :D I have 5 CDT's, where did you find yours and how big is it?

i found her at my aunt's house in L.A. She's a big girl, 11 pounds. :)

rockym

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Sometimes we get side-tracked by something and forget to look at the big picture.

Rockym: Where did you find this tortoise? It is illegal to "find" them in their home territory and subject to quite a large fine.

If the tortoise was found wandering in the street then I'm wondering if you made an effort to find the tortoise's keeper? Most tortoises that one "finds" wandering around the neighborhood belonged to someone else before you found it. I'm sure they're just heartsick at having lost their tortoise.

Don't get me wrong...I'm very happy to have you here with us on the Forum, but I would like to know more of the story about this tortoise.

oh, i understand. I found her in los angeles, at my aunt's house. My aunt and her family asked around their neighborhood and put up signs but no one claimed her. :( She didn't want to keep her so she asked me if i wanted her.

rockym

5 Year Member
oops didn't see this. Sorry if i was responding wrong; still trying to get used to the forum. Anyway, my tortoise's name is Eloise; she's 11 pounds. i found her at my aunt's house in los angeles and although my aunt put up signs and asked around- no one claimed Eloise. That's why she came home to anaheim with me! Thanks for the warm welcome!

r

Status
Not open for further replies.