Hello everyone!

bowserbaby

I even tried putting him directly on the lettuce so he would eat. And he is currently sleeping on it (Someone said try feeding him the lettuce because it's like their favorite and just so he starts eating.)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I even tried putting him directly on the lettuce so he would eat. And he is currently sleeping on it (Someone said try feeding him the lettuce because it's like their favorite and just so he starts eating.)
Lettuce is ok, but not the best. Dandelion, Swiss chard, grasses, weeds, hibiscus(leaves/flowers), mustard greens,your going to need to finely chop it up for the little guys though. I have a few questions. How warm is the enclosure on both ends(warm and cool end) and both during the day and night time. I'd start soaking that guy in warm to hot water. Seems in one of the photos his eyes looked a little sunken and closed. Also UVB is a very important part of husbandry this early on with any species of tortoise. Mercury vapor bulbs are the best, or tube bulbs (10.0)

bowserbaby

He's moved around a little and I saw him take a few bites of the lettuce. Then he went into the corner and went to sleep. I just noticed his eyes being sunken in this morning that's why I did the close up.

Humidity is at 75, hot side is at 90 cool side 75. I'm using a tube UVB ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413482650.275013.jpg

I have mustard greens and I'll put them out for him.

Is it normal for him to be sleeping so much? It is right?