Hello all - looking for guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirley

5 Year Member
Hi everyone
Firstly, I love tortoises! I've done a lot of research over the last couple of years, but i'm so worried about getting everything right when I get a tortoise, as I have no experience! I volunteer for a dog rescue organisation, and would love to rescue a tortoise, although I am happy to buy one - but which kind, is my first question? I live in the highlands of scotland.
Very grateful for any help or guidance.
Kind regards
Shirley Duncan

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Shirley:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Hi Shirley, welcome!

To know which tortoise would suit your needs, you need to think about the space you have available and what kind of environment you can provide.

I don't know much about the specific care requirements of most tortoises, but have a Hermann's myself. Other people will be able to ask the right questions and recommend species that suit your home.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh wow! A real Duncan from Scotland! Sorry but it just seems in so many books that there is a Duncan from Scotland and here ya are. :D :D Glad your here! :tort: Cheryl asked you some of the first questions we need answers to in order to give you a good guess as to what type of tortoise.

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
Hello and Welcome Shirley.
If you can tolerate Friendly and Knowledgeable people, you've arrived at the correct Forum.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum Shirley!

This is the one place you'll find every bit of your tortoise needs!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. If I lived in Scotland I'd get a hermanns or a greek. But its all personal preference and how much time effort and money you wish to spend to create the right environment.

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
Firstly thats just say welcome and its soo good to see another scottish person on this forum =) Well firstly it depends on how much space you have? are you willing to have a large tortoise or a small one, do you want one that hybernates or one that dosnt?

feel free to pm with any questions you have :)

good luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.