Heavily pyramid on a sully :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
It definitely has pyramiding but I have seen much worse. It makes you wonder if they have had it since a hatchling or maybe they took it in with the pyramiding damage already done. That would be the question to ask, if they have changed things up and the pyramiding isn't getting worse it may be healthy now. Unfortunately one can only fix the problem and prevent further damage but cannot fix the damage already done.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It doesn't look too bad to me. At least the tortoise isn't showing signs of MBD.

abclements

5 Year Member
Ya that's not extremely terrible. I've heard of collapsed shells due to mbd which is really why we're trying to stop pyramiding... pyramiding in itself is just a cosmetic thing to a given extent, but if it gets too bad mbd can start. I'm not saying that he isn't pyramiding but honestly, I don't think it's that terrible, and if I were in the market for a sully I would still consider that one as a healthy addition.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
She doesnt look bad at all. Infact she looks pretty healthy from what i see. No MBD. You want to see bad, look up TRN

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*gives a sigh of relief* I was expecting a really bad one with signs of MBD to go along with it. Thank goodness it's really not too bad of a case of pyramiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.