Heating and thermostats, advice needed

Alisha Hawkins

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Im building my Hermanns tort (5 years old) a new table with a plexi glass top, the table will have 2 floors to it so that he can have as much space as possible now hes growing a bit too big for his current table (4ft by 4ft). In total with the new table he will have 6ft by 6ft space including both floors (exciting!!!)

However, in his current table ive been using one reptile brand 100w basking bulb for his basking spot on a Habistat high range dimming thermostat (they only had high range in stock but it does the trick) which is on a timer, but once the new table is built i will need 2 basking spots (one for each floor).

My first question is: is possible to connect 2 bulbs to one thermostat, and if so, how?
And my second: is it worth switching to incandescent flood bulbs opposed to the reptile brand ones im used to?

For a bit of extra detail ill be setting the background heat with a RHP on a seperate thermostat opposed to using CHE and two 18 inch uvb strip lights so there is one on each floor.

Thankyou!!!
-Alisha