heat emitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
i was wondering for my redfoot do you or should you keep your heat emitter on all day for my redfoot and turn it off at night or what should i do?

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
yeah thats what i thought i should do since it needs to be humid and warm. do you use the setup for the heat emitter from redfoots.com?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have a Cherry Head and have been using his care sheets for the last 15 months since I got him. So far he is growing well and is very smooth following his advice. The only difference is that I set him up in a 75 gal vivarium with plants to mimic a tropical forest. (as best I could anyway). The lighting and heat is the same as the care sheets. I found this to be best for me to keep up humidity and it looks so good as it is in my living room. He is a loving pet to us and we wanted to see him all the time and enjoy him. That's why he is in the living room.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
terryo said:
I have a Cherry Head and have been using his care sheets for the last 15 months since I got him. So far he is growing well and is very smooth following his advice. The only difference is that I set him up in a 75 gal vivarium with plants to mimic a tropical forest. (as best I could anyway). The lighting and heat is the same as the care sheets. I found this to be best for me to keep up humidity and it looks so good as it is in my living room. He is a loving pet to us and we wanted to see him all the time and enjoy him. That's why he is in the living room.

Do you have any pics of your set up up? I would love to see them

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What temp is the rest of the room at night? I turn off my emitters because the room is warm enough to hold temps at night levels.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Meg90 said:
terryo said:

Do you have any pics of your set up up? I would love to see them

004-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

024-2.jpg

The two top pictures are from when I cleaned and re-did his viv. after the summer. I have added a few new plants since then. It's very tropical looking now.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
WOW! I bet you have one happy little tort

Status
Not open for further replies.