Health

Yas1992

Hi all, I've been noticing that Percy's shell has darkned at the bottom. Is this a normal thing or does he need a visit to the vets? I've attached pictures of the darkened shell as well as his shell on top where I don't see darkening but so that any experts can give their advice on the look of him? I'm also a bit worried as he's just turned a year old yet has only grown a further 15grams in weight? ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1453034562.998728.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1453034572.484984.jpg

Kasia

Location (City and/or State)
Poland
Looks as a normal colouration to me. When they grow they will gradually change. If it did not happened over night and You don't use substrate that could be responsible to a colour change I would not be worried;);)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Looks ok to me. Check out the care guide in the Russian section to see if you need to adjust something to get him growing. They grow at their own rates, so may not be an issue. Usually as long as they continue to grow even slowly, it's ok.

Yas1992

Thank you, I will have a look at the care sheet tonight but thanks for putting me at ease. I was beginning to get quite worried I was doing something wrong !