Haven't been here for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

halfnelson

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi All
I'm Halfnelson and I've been a member for a couple years at least but haven't been here for awhile.
I live in Anchorage Alaska. I have 3/2 Three Toed Box Turtles, 1/1 Red Footed tortoises and 1 Russian Tortoise.
They are all housed indoors year round with short trips to the backyard when it's warm enough. :cool:

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Evening and welcome back to the forums! Would love to see some pics or your torts and how you got their enclosures set up inside :D

halfnelson

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'll try to get some current pics. Have made improvements to the triple decker turtle condos. Sight barriers on the ones that had plexiglass fronts, heat emitters instead of incandescent bulbs, larger humidity boxes, more temperature control.
The new growth on the redfoots is flat, the pyramiding they had when I got them will of course never go away. They are a lot bigger and will eventually need larger homes. My oldest boxie laid her first ever clutch of eggs, one of which is viable and is incubating. It's been 90 days but the embryo is still moving so it just needs longer. I know it's a long shot but keep your fingers crossed.

Oh ya, installed a slop sink in the rec room (best idea ever) next to the terrariums.

Status
Not open for further replies.