have a question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny00

5 Year Member
I think I am ready to buy my first tortoise and I am thinking about getting a russian tortoise does anybody know someone who is selling some????????:)

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
You can buy them online, and from local breeders. You can look on Craigslist for tortoises that people are trying to rehome. You can also go to your local pet store.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Craigslist always has some in my area. I would keep an eye on there for your area. Good luck.

danny00

5 Year Member
Yeah I have tried craigslist but none popped up what should I have typed in the search bar???

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
danny00 said:
Yeah I have tried craigslist but none popped up what should I have typed in the search bar???

Go to the city where you want to search, and click on Pets. Then in the search box, type in the type of animal you want to get. Use keywords like:

"Russian tortoise"
"Testudo horsfieldii"

Etc. :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
i think its Petco that is having a big reptile sale this week... or petsmart.. check both...
craigslist is good to..

jacquiroell

5 Year Member
Petsmart is having a reptile sale this week. The Russians are $79 down from $99. They were about softball size

danny00

5 Year Member
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Denver, Colorado. How about yourself?

San antonio,texas the reason I asked that is because I am going to look on craigslist in your area:)

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
danny00 said:
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Denver, Colorado. How about yourself?

San antonio,texas the reason I asked that is because I am going to look on craigslist in your area:)

Ah ... is that because San Antonio's Craigslist doesn't have any Russian tortoises on it right now?

BTW - I love the San Antonio area. I visited there a few years ago, and it was great. :)

rachael

5 Year Member
los angeles
If you google "tortoise rescue" in Denver I bet youll be able to find one. I think a russian is a fine first pick by the way.

danny00

5 Year Member
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Ah ... is that because San Antonio's Craigslist doesn't have any Russian tortoises on it right now?

BTW - I love the San Antonio area. I visited there a few years ago, and it was great. :)

rachael said:
If you google "tortoise rescue" in Denver I bet youll be able to find one. I think a russian is a fine first pick by the way.

Yes san antonio is really fun there is a lot of stuff to do here.

I will look there I tried a lot of websites my aunt is looking for me one.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
danny00 said:
I think I am ready to buy my first tortoise and I am thinking about getting a russian tortoise does anybody know someone who is selling some????????:)

Look on CraigsList EVERYDAY that's how I got mine, you HAVE to check continually because they are gone in a day or even hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.