Hatchling outside?

milkandsam

5 Year Member
Hello!
I have a 6-8 month Ibera Greek tort and am currently living in an apartment. It has just finally gotten warm enough for him to be outside a little (yay!). However, my fiancé and I are in the process of buying a house. My question is can my little baby be left outside alone for an hour or two or would one of us need to supervise/be in the backyard? We clearly have not yet made him an outdoor enclosure yet, but it is the first thing on our to-do list when we close! :)

Thanks!

MrFrost

milkandsam said:
Hello!
I have a 6-8 month Ibera Greek tort and am currently living in an apartment. It has just finally gotten warm enough for him to be outside a little (yay!). However, my fiancé and I are in the process of buying a house. My question is can my little baby be left outside alone for an hour or two or would one of us need to supervise/be in the backyard? We clearly have not yet made him an outdoor enclosure yet, but it is the first thing on our to-do list when we close! :)

Thanks!
It could stay under supervision, just leaving it outside of a proper enclosure (especially one that prevents the tort to dig underground and escape) is very risky, tortoises move much faster than one could think they do, especially when they're small.