Hatching has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Neal said:
I don't usually treat the yolk sac with anything, but I know some breeders that spread some type of antibiotic in a plastic dish and keep the tortoises on that until it absorbs, usually takes a couple days. The plastron takes about a week to completely unfold and flatten out, could take longer, but eventually they will even out.

Well Doc....Neal took the words right outta my mouth..."perfect".

BTW ..... Love the name "Jeff"....(my name :p ) ...When sould I be expecting? :p:D;):p

Great guy doing great things Doc, Have a wonderful turkey day !

JD~:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Dr. Todd:

When I first joined this forum, our forum tortoise guru, Danny, told me that keeping on moist paper towels may cause too much liquid to be absorbed, and that he normally put antibiotic ointment on the yolk (like Neo Sporin).

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
exoticsdr said:
First one to hatch...111 days of incubation, five left in this clutch so hopefully more coming soon. Will post more pics as they hatch.

Made my day :)) adorable!! Keep sharing!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Alright, your giving him to my husband Jeff for Christmas, how sweet of you! What is he bringing you, a truck load of Runza's Runzas? :D

Seriously, no matter how many times I see it, no matter what species, no matter if they are mine or somebody else's, the miracle of them just never gets old or less amazing to see. *sighs* Can't wait to see the rest of the pretty rocks. :D

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Jacqui said:
Alright, your giving him to my husband Jeff for Christmas, how sweet of you! What is he bringing you, a truck load of Runza's Runzas? :D

Seriously, no matter how many times I see it, no matter what species, no matter if they are mine or somebody else's, the miracle of them just never gets old or less amazing to see. *sighs* Can't wait to see the rest of the pretty rocks. :D

DEAL!!!!! I love Runzas!!!!

Doc

austinl01

5 Year Member
Little Rock, AR
exoticsdr said:
BTW,..I've named this one Jeff, in honor of a good friend that in a month or so will be receiving him as a Christmas gift. I wonder how this little guy is going to like living in Arkansas?

He will love it. Hot summers with lots of humidity to prevent pyramiding!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Any more hatching Todd? Did you get the mother from JD? It is always so exciting for me to see new hatchlings.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
DesertGrandma said:
Any more hatching Todd? Did you get the mother from JD? It is always so exciting for me to see new hatchlings.

Good timing, had the second baby start hatching yesterday on day 118. Here is a pic of him/her with Jeff.

DSC04856.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sweet! I love the melting moments upon seeing a new life entering the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.