Greek baby moving funny....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise_addict

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
My little Golden Greek (I think he is a normal sold as a golden??) baby moves like a chameleon. Is this normal? When he is just cruising in his cage he walks normal but when he wakes up and when he goes to eat or is moving slowly his head and legs go in and out a lot.
Its kinda like a chameleon moving on a branch. He eats like that. His head, front and back legs all pulsate in and out.
Is this a nervous thing or something medical?
Thanks!!
tortsanddragons037.jpg

tortsanddragons038.jpg

tortsanddragons041.jpg

Also in the past few days he has gotten a lot of brown around his head, chin and on his shell. Under his shell is turning brown in the middle and he does not look like the solid gold goldens I have seen. His mouth is brown and it is spreading down and around his head. I gently bathed him with a toothbrush but its not dirt.:rolleyes:
Can anyone identify him for me?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
He looks like a "Golden" greek to me DiAnn. They do get darker shells, unless you raise them very hot. The hotter it is the lighter their shell will be. The black moustache is also a trait of "Golden" greeks. Hard to be sure though if he/she is "pure" unless I saw the parents. Be easier once he or she is bigger.
The head and legs going in and out means he's breathing heavier, so is most likely nervous. Not a medical condition :)
He sounds fine to me :D

Danny

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know much about Greek Tortoises, but I've seen many & that definitely looks like a "Golden" Greek Tortoise. Just like Egyptiandan said. I'm not sure how often this happens, but it just happened to me recently. I was using a Eco Earth & Timothy Hay substrate & it started creating mold under my feeding dish & Turtle Bone (cuttlebone). I think it had to do with the hay being moist. Just wanted to let you in on some information if that starts to happen. You have a gorgeous "Golden" though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.