Grass seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
So I am planning in buying grass seeds for my tortoises and plant them in their enclousure but I don't know which one because some say the have chemicals so they grow faster. Which type of grass seed do you all recommend me and what brnd
wbrand

I meant what brand

Julius25

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
France
I use this one and the result is very good and my torts like eat them

melange_de_graines_testumix.jpg

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
The "tortoise supply" has a few mixes depending on which species you have, also carolina pet supply has some. Google "tortoise seed mix" and you can be overwhelmed with the options. Tortoise supply comes with some consultation. Will

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
leonardo the tmnt said:
Could I buy some at Home Depot or. Lowes

Most, not all, but most of those seed are treated with fungicides. When I worked at a zoo, we were forbidden to use this source for the reason that the seed was treated. I do not have a more precise response.

The few days/week it would take to internet order some, should not put your schedule to far behind.

Many people also use bird seed, which is OK to feed to birds, but the varieties of plants are less specific to your interest.

Will

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Oh hm this is a good idea. I am starting an outside enclosure for Sami in the right side of our house which NO grass grows... I wonder if this stuff would? Never heard of it.

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
Will said:
Most, not all, but most of those seed are treated with fungicides. When I worked at a zoo, we were forbidden to use this source for the reason that the seed was treated. I do not have a more precise response.

The few days/week it would take to internet order some, should not put your schedule to far behind.

Many people also use bird seed, which is OK to feed to birds, but the varieties of plants are less specific to your interest.

Will

Yeah thats what i was having doubts on

Status
Not open for further replies.