Grapes

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
My yellow bellied slider has unearthed a new love for grapes, and while I'd be happy to give her a few, I don't know if they are good for her or not!
Okay for a treat? I tried with the other turtles, but they couldn't care less! Upon some more fruit fun, she also like apples and cucumbers. I didn't give her very many before I realized I should ask first :confused:
Second though-are YBS's just more into greens in general? She seems to like her dandelion and lettuces more too.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They are full of sugar . Not a good food to give but its not going to kill it . Unless of course thats all it eats . Some turtle food has cranberries in it try that out .

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
They are full of sugar . Not a good food to give but its not going to kill it . Unless of course thats all it eats . Some turtle food has cranberries in it try that out .
Alright thank you! No, she eats lots of other better things, this was just a 'tryout' treat :D I'll have to look.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Most of the north American sliders, cooters, etc. tend to have strong herbivoire tendencies as they grow larger. Some snapping turtles (not a slider, cooter, type) also end up being primarily herbivourous. When small it's all about meat, but larger ones go for the aquatic vegetation.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Most of the north American sliders, cooters, etc. tend to have strong herbivoire tendencies as they grow larger. Some snapping turtles (not a slider, cooter, type) also end up being primarily herbivourous. When small it's all about meat, but larger
ones go for the aquatic vegetation.
She is 'larger', not quite an adult, but still up there :) it's good to know that, I'll begin providing more greens... it's just her, though, my painted turtles and my RES aren't fans of their healthy vegetation...