Going to Adopt these 2 torts but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malaefic

5 Year Member
I'm still very very pissed.
I collected the torts yesterday and the conditions they were kept in are really appalling!!! I will retype them here again but I accidently clicked on Google Maps and clicked away the long essay I wrote earlier :(

I'm surprised that these torts are still alive. The photos are quite self explanatory. In the meantime, my friends and I are trying to get the owner release a Snakehead turtle and a Herman both kept in equally horrendous conditions. :(

Tort #1
A9.jpg

A5.jpg

A7.jpg

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

After A shell scrub.....
A11.jpg

A13.jpg

Tort#2
B13.jpg

B5.jpg

B10.jpg

After a shell scrub.....
B14.jpg

B15.jpg

B16.jpg

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Do you know if these are wild caught? or how long the guy you got them from had them? They look like they are old.

1996Rishabh

5 Year Member
They Are Definetly Wild Caught... Given The Conditions They Were In They Wouldn't Be Alive Till They Get This Big... And The Plastron Gives Another Indication...

Malaefic

5 Year Member
No idea how long he had them but seriously they are unlike any Stars I've seen before -_-"
They are starting to get a little more active though

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
1996Rishabh said:
They Are Definetly Wild Caught... Given The Conditions They Were In They Wouldn't Be Alive Till They Get This Big... And The Plastron Gives Another Indication...

Those were my thoughts too. I was going to suggest that the shell damage may have been from an injury sustained in the wild or something else...the damage looks old and healed over.

Malaefic

5 Year Member
The vet said that the pitting in the shell is due to malnutrition at some point in their life
Also the bigger one have shell rot at the bottom of the shell. Luckily it was nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.