Found sulcata

THEELEG

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, TX
This guy was found out in farmersville tx north of Dallas, thought I'd share so we can find his owner. If so let me know, I'm on a Texas turtle page on fb we can get owner and finders together image.jpegimage.jpeg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
that poor fellow he looks like he needs much better care

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Hope you find the owner ! Maybe suggest some soaking and a more humid environment it sure couldn't hurt ! :)

Tony Watson

Gloucester, VA
Wow poor guy! Hope the owner is found and he wasn't just dumped into the wild because he got to be too much to handle. A lot of thought and research should go into getting one of these and this is not the case a lot of times.

BrianWI

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I wonder how many get dumped? Can they survive in any areas of the U.S. on their own?

I have wanted a sulcata for a long time. I waited until I had an extra room in a house of my own, only took 30 years to prepare! LOL.

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Oregon
Wow! Congratulations on your new baby! I would start feeding some tall healthy grass, lettuce (anything, but iceburg lettuce), fruits, and vegtables, and I would use that soft food only as a supplement.

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
Wow! Congratulations on your new baby! I would start feeding some tall healthy grass, lettuce (anything, but iceburg lettuce), fruits, and vegtables, and I would use that soft food only as a supplement.
Fruits? Only as a treat once in while. That should not be part of their diet.

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Oregon
Fruits? Only as a treat once in while. That should not be part of their diet.

Fruits are amazing sources of nutrients. I agree they are treats, and should only be given in small amounts. I like to think of fruits as a tortoise vitamin :) Even if fruit is given as a treat it is still a part of their diet.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
lol, I wasn't saying its bad either way. I've heard it's bad on the digestive track. Do we really know if it's good or bad.