Finally switched to Repti Bark!!!

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
My babies seem to love it :) its only been a little more then 24 hours haha heres some pictures.

please and thank you

Attachments

• 1381209423827.jpg
    1381209423827.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 182
  • 1381209432063.jpg
    1381209432063.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 1381209453369.jpg
    1381209453369.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 1381209461043.jpg
    1381209461043.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 1381209474472.jpg
    1381209474472.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 1381209482698.jpg
    1381209482698.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 155

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orange County, So Cal
Yay! Love picture number 5, with the three littles all in a row looking at you looking at them. How cute is that? Love them! : )

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
Well Scooby only opens his eyes when he goes outside haha idk but at least it works nd he is the fastest walking wise he like runs !! Lol only PROBLEM is that his right back leg I think has a birth defect. We r going to save money to take him to the vet. But I have videos I will be posting them on my youtube channel nd I will link it on the forum when I get it up :) thank u for asking

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
Looks great ! I was actually looking up the repti bark up earlier online . Would you recommend it to me and my 3 month old sulcata ? Is it available in stores ? My Sheldon is currently on coconut fiber which is great for humidity ! :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Ashley_Sheldon said:
Looks great ! I was actually looking up the repti bark up earlier online . Would you recommend it to me and my 3 month old sulcata ? Is it available in stores ? My Sheldon is currently on coconut fiber which is great for humidity ! :)

Why are you wanting to switch your substrate again? Do you not understand how important humidity is for your little one? I would suggest you stick with the substrate that you are using till your little one is at least 6 months.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Ashley_Sheldon said:

Ashley Sheldon, stay with the coco coir since you already have it going on. And the cool thing is, you can wash it and reuse it. Swear. One of our experts said so on another thread. He put it in a 5 gallon bucket, pours boiling hot water on it, waits until it cools, then drains with a strainer. Sterilized and clean. He said he has done this every 6 months for 2 years now. Wash and wear, LOL! : )

Ashley_Sheldon

5 Year Member
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Ashley_Sheldon said:

Ashley Sheldon, stay with the coco coir since you already have it going on. And the cool thing is, you can wash it and reuse it. Swear. One of our experts said so on another thread. He put it in a 5 gallon bucket, pours boiling hot water on it, waits until it cools, then drains with a strainer. Sterilized and clean. He said he has done this every 6 months for 2 years now. Wash and wear, LOL! : )

Omg ! Thats way to cool ! Lol i think i might just need to try that ! Thanks :)

mainey34 said:
Ashley_Sheldon said:

Why are you wanting to switch your substrate again? Do you not understand how important humidity is for your little one? I would suggest you stick with the substrate that you are using till your little one is at least 6 months.

I dont want to switch the substrate again , I'm asking if she would recommend it to me so i can mix it with the coco coir in a year or so . I do understand how important humidity is , ... I need it in at least the 80s and i do have a thing to measure it (dont know how to spell it haha :) ) but thanks for worrying about me and little Sheldon