Female Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
Bryce says I'm not allowed to get a tortoise that "looks funny" he thinks she has MBD... I feel so sorry for her.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
I'm going to email. Then stare at my Mother pitifully until she's convinced to let me rescue maimed tortoise...

She's yet another victim of "they don't need water". I don't think I have the experience to fix her. Anybody else in BC?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
only reply if you have expereince? i think THEY need that.. poor thing has probably never seen the sun...

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Laura said:
only reply if you have expereince? i think THEY need that.. poor thing has probably never seen the sun...

He's a self proclaimed "expert" I'm having a hard time not tearing a strip off him. She doesn't have proper lighting, lives in a 40 gallon breeder, enclosure is kept very dry,and she's only soaked twice a week...

I'd get her but sadly I'm going off to school, and though Walter will be happy without an acreage I wouldn't feel right keeping a sulcata in a small yard. I keep trying to think of elaborate ways to keep her, none of them seem plausible.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
That's a bad case of MBD, most likely has never seen the sun, it will need lots of calcium and sunshine.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Is there a chance that it would be able to get back to 'normal' with proper care? It's still quite small. My latest insane plan is to have her live in Dads sun room through winter and fence off a chunk of the back yard for summer... If anyone is in Canada and wants her I'd be happy to try to help get her to you. I'm going to see my Grandma and will be right around where she is. I'm supposed to get more pictures in the morning, I'll try to post them.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
she won't ever be normal, she can make improvements, but she will never look or be normal, but she can live a good life with some proper care.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
Emailed asking for pictures and apparently she sold... I have a feeling she might have gone to "a better place".

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
Makes you wish you could find out who got her and give her this website!!! Hope she went to someone who will research an learn to care for her.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
TotallyTank said:
Makes you wish you could find out who got her and give her this website!!! Hope she went to someone who will research an learn to care for her.

I hope whoever rescued her isn't going to listen to the past owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.