female or male?

tortlover5m

Location (City and/or State)
uk
hi,i'm new to this forum and i was wondering if my 2 yr old red foot (pickles) is a boy or girl?

Attachments

• DSCF7306.JPG
    DSCF7306.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 40
  • DSCF7309.JPG
    DSCF7309.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 43
  • DSCF7321.JPG
    DSCF7321.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 40
  • DSCF7322.JPG
    DSCF7322.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 43
  • DSCF7311.JPG
    DSCF7311.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 37

tortlover5m

uk
thanks for all the replies :) I though it was a girl but I wasn't certain.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
It's definitely looking like a girl but done let that fool you, most start out looking like a girl. At 2 she's still a tad young

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
hi,i'm new to this forum and i was wondering if my 2 yr old red foot (pickles) is a boy or girl?
Hi welcome. Where about in the UK did you get your tortoise from. Looks nice. :) What have you named her.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hurrah for Bristol. I worked and lived there for many years.
Also I was born in Bridgwater, grew up near Cheddar and lived in Clevedon and Portishead before moving to Weston-super-Mare where I met wifey.
Love the area, though I may never return now.
Love Pickles.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Also I was born in Bridgwater, grew up near Cheddar and lived in Clevedon and Portishead before moving to Weston-super-Mare where I met wifey.
Love Pickles.
Are you on the run or something. lol :) Man you've lived everywhere. Do you live in Morocco now.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Are you on the run or something. lol :) Man you've lived everywhere. Do you live in Morocco now.
10 years in Morocco, though i stay in other countries for long periods often.
University in Kingston upon Thames, also lived in Thailand, Poland, Saudi Arabia, got a place in Spain for hols.
Lucky me!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I have her In around about a 3ft glass vivarium, but I'm going to be upgrading her enclosure very soon.
Do you keep her humid and not dry, and what temperature do you have at. What kind of foods does she like?

tortlover5m

uk
Love Pickles.

yeah I love Bristol but i'm going to be moving to Torquay soon. Im originally from America :).

tortlover5m

uk
Do you keep her humid and not dry, and what temperature do you have at. What kind of foods does she like?

she has high humidity (the 80 to 90 range) and her temp is around 30C or 90F. she loves mushrooms and bananas but I rarely feed because I know too much is not good. I give her romaine, kale, red chard etc. nearly every day and give her fruit about 3 times a week.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
she has high humidity (the 80 to 90 range) and her temp is around 30C or 90F. she loves mushrooms and bananas but I rarely feed because I know too much is not good. I give her romaine, kale, red chard etc. nearly every day and give her fruit about 3 times a week.
You seem to know what you are doing with her. Do you give her anything for protein(meat) like cooked chicken. Some of mine like worms.

tortlover5m

uk
You seem to know what you are doing with her. Do you give her anything for protein(meat) like cooked chicken. Some of mine like worms.

I give her cooked chicken and cat food as protein. I have tried worms but she doesn't seem to like them.