Expo in Nebraska?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaSydly

5 Year Member
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on where to get the best tortoises. I know of a Reptile Expo coming up in Oct., but I don't know how many tortoises they will have there...so I was wondering if anyone had any back-up ideas? I've also thought about ordering online, but it makes me very nervous, as I will not be able to meet it before. I know I want a hatching. Or if they knew what sorts of tortoises, if any, would be there?

Thanks for the feedback!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Usually there are very few tortoises there. What kind of tortoise are you thinking and what age? I know a Russian breeder in Lincoln that usually has some hatchlings for sale (not at the expo)

MonaSydly

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Usually there are very few tortoises there. What kind of tortoise are you thinking and what age? I know a Russian breeder in Lincoln that usually has some hatchlings for sale (not at the expo)

I'd really like them as a hatch-ling to maybe young adult. I'm not sure on the species, just one that doesn't get over about 16" over their lifetime. My dad would only allow a one under that, as he doesn't want me to build that big of a tortoise table. I've done some research into Russians, and I think they are definitely a possibility.

MonaSydly

5 Year Member
Could you tell me the name of the Lincoln breeder? Russians are one of the main species I have been considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.