Ernie's Revamped Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
In addition to the new substrate I got a few weeks ago, I finally got my new lighting set-up for Ernie, and I used Terryo's idea and picked up some moss too. The moss makes a world of a difference in the enclosure, it makes it look a little more...natural?? I can't find the word, but I love the stuff. I put it in front of his food plate too to help keep the dirt off his feet when he comes to breakfast :p I love his new light too [T-Rex 100W Flood] and his stand makes everything look less cluttered. How do you like it? Comments? Suggestions? :)

Checking out the new moss...
moss1.jpg

Bird's eye view...
moss2.jpg

Ernie exploring his new digs =]

moss3.jpg

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really nice enclosure, I love it. What is the big plant in the middle of the enclosure? It looks really nice.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Its actually a fake plant I got at Michael's Craft store. All the plants, except for the moss are fake. It only cost me about $3 :) The fake plants [theres about 5 in there] cost me about $15 total.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thank you :) I am sure that if there was one in Hermy's enclosure, he would love to hide under it :)

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
That such an awesome & such a neat enclosure, I bet it was all messy 20 minutes later:p
&I also loveee your blanket underneath the bin!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Well, if that doesn't look exactly like a forest floor, nothing does! Any tortoise would feel privileged to live there.:D

Where did you order your moss?

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
And its beauty is due to everyone's input from TFO =] Thanks everyone for helping me along the way..a few months back I didn't even know what coco coir was =P

Isa - Thats Ernie's FAVORITE plant to hide under. If you can get yours hands on one, I have no doubt in my mind that he would love it =D

Spike - That timer is awesome! I got it from my dad yeeears ago..and it still works perfectly! I remember he used those for Christmas lights when I was a kid..the timer has to got to be at LEAST 11, 12 years old?

Abe - Yes, he ran around and kicked up dirt everywhere but I don't mind =P And the blanket? Its actually my boyfriends..I think its from Mexico hahah!

Stephanie - I actually bought my moss from LLL Reptile. I work down the street from the store, and all the moss that you see only cost me $10! I totally love it and would recommend it to anyone =] Super easy to care for too.

Status
Not open for further replies.