Eloise is getting an upgrade

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
When I first got Eloise a year ago I didn't know much about tortoise's and I had limited financial resources so I sought the quickest, cheapest way to house her and keep her safe. Today I put together what will become her new bigger better home. I use 1/4 inch underlayment plywood. I used this because for my base I used a 3x3 table that was already heavy and I didn't want to make it heavier. So here is the results so far. I need to allow the caulk to dry and cure before I add décor and my baby also I will not be leaving it in it's current location. I have a corner to tuck it away in.
Thoughts are welcome please be nice I'm not a carpenter.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Cool...are you going to use the ledge to hang the lighting/heating from? I like it. I bet your tort will too. :D

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
It looks great . I look forward to the pictures of it when it's all done.

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Utah
Yes the ledge is for lights. I don't think it will hold much more than that. I will be sure to post more pics when

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Utah
I will be getting El set up tomorrow or Thursday. I will post some completed pics then. Gotta take down Christmas before she can move in! I'm so excited I hope she loves it! From a 55 gal tub to a 3x3 table she's getting double the space! What are the odds she doesn't like it? Should I keep her current home available In case?