Electricity Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
AZ
The dry heat form boiler systems is the healthiest for everyone. Get a digital thermostat for the house and you and the boiler will be happier.

As for the Mediterranean Torts, 65F is fine. As the room temperature goes up you can change out the spot lamps for lower wattages.

My place is 70F at night and I have scaled back to a 65w GE reveal spotlight. Lower bills next month. We may see our first 100F day this week.

M

Maggie Cummings

I have placed my habitats in a way that 2 can share one UVB light and if Spring and Summer ever arrives here I will put everyone out that can go out. I keep black light bulbs on every one who needs to be warmer and I cover the habitats with foil to keep in the heat and my bill is still $300 . That's without any heating for me or the house in general. I never turn on the heater. And I don't use any lights for me...

turtle crazy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NM
If you dont care about windows to see out in the winter, you can buy pink styrofoam sheet insulation at Home Depot. It is Owens Corning foam board. It comes in diferent thicknesses , we use 1inch thick. Cut it to fit in window opening.If you want to take in and out just make a tight fit colder climate or permanent seal with duct tape. It also keeps heat out in summer,

Status
Not open for further replies.