Eggs

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
CT New Haven.
Sadly the two eggs did not look as promising at the 60 day mark. Really disappointed. Also disappointed with my incubator. My Reptibator was not accurate. I think the next time I would like shoe box. Lady always lays in winter so it’s hard. I hope to take some bit of knowledge and make D.J. (Duckster Jr.) some time.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So very sorry. Be sure to use a humidity and temp gauge other then the one that comes with the incubators. The ones with the incubators are not accurate.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Sadly the two eggs did not look as promising at the 60 day mark. Really disappointed. Also disappointed with my incubator. My Reptibator was not accurate. I think the next time I would like shoe box. Lady always lays in winter so it’s hard. I hope to take some bit of knowledge and make D.J. (Duckster Jr.) some time.
I'm so sorry!

I've never tried anything like this, so I'm curious...what doesn't look promising? What is (or isn't) there when you candle them?

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
Well I’m not 100 percent sure. They are heavy. Idk. Still being cared for. Temp. Never exceeded 89 and kept it closer to 86. It’s hard. Duckster is old but lives to find lady and mate. Each occupies half of the spare room. Supervised visit on the occasion.

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
The search keeps him going. Active and alert. I had him 30yrs. Plus he was no juvenile when I got him. I think he was wild caught from Petco. But he loves attention.

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
Eggs had a bubble at the 30-40 day mark. I I’ll check again. With a better light soon.