Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

5 Year Member
I guys my tort don't seem t eat much anymore you guys know why it could be ? :)

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Could be a lot of reasons but without knowing the conditions that your tortoise is being kept in it's going to be difficult for anyone to tell. What species? What are the temperatures (day/night/basking)? What is the ambient humidity? How moist (or dry) is the substrate? What type of lighting and duration is it on? What foods have you been feeding and how much, how often? How often does your tortoise drink? Have there been any changes in the tortoises environment, enclosure or routine lately?

froggy

5 Year Member
He's a marginated he gets fed salad leafs dandelions pansys and collards he gets bathed daily he has a spot bulb of around 90 to 100 and his table is never less than 70 with been in the living room he just dosnt seem as interested

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Where was he before the living room? Maybe still getting adjusted, maybe to much traffic, maybe not enough coverage.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
The temperatures at night should be cooler. There should be a 15-20 degree temperature differential to encourage daytime activity. Temperatures consistently too warm, especially at night, can cause temperate climate species to stop eating and spend more time in hiding to escape the constant heat. How well hydrated is your tortoise?

froggy

5 Year Member
He get bathed everyday and has access to water constantly so I'd say he's hydrated

Status
Not open for further replies.