Early Riser This Morning

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
With the chilly weather Walker has been sleeping in to at least noon. This morning he got up with the sun, It was 36 F and he was wandering about, so I went out to what was up. I got in front of him, he stopped and just looked at me, so I got some cactus pads and then he was happy..Picture 2478 copy112817.jpg Picture 2480 copy112817.jpg Picture 2481 copy112817.jpg Picture 2483 copy112817.jpg Picture 2485 copy112817.jpgWe have already risen up to the mid 50s with full sun so he will probably be out for quit a while today. He has a warm house to retreat to when he gets cold. The 3 temps inside his house are 84, 92, and 93F.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm glad Maggie's having computer trouble and can't get online. Those pictures of walker, especially the second one, look so much like Bob.

Good job on the pictures. I love the close-ups. And he doesn't seem to have a bit of trouble biting off pieces of cactus.

Len B

10 Year Member!
It's noon and he's been out over 3 hours, it's 54 F and his shell temps range from 73 to 77, we don't have a cloud in sight, Even though the sun is lower in the sky it still has some good radiant heat effect.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's noon and he's been out over 3 hours, it's 54 F and his shell temps range from 73 to 77, we don't have a cloud in sight, Even though the sun is lower in the sky it still has some good radiant heat effect.

This shows the importance of inner core body temperature. Takes quite a while for that inner core to start cooling down.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Yesterday just before Walker went in for the night about 4:30 I checked his shell temps and it read 67 F everywhere. Our high temp was 61 F. Here he is plowing through some leaves to get to me as soon as he spotted me.Picture 2497.jpg This morning he was back out by 9 am to start another nice day.Picture 2499.jpg We are in the mid 40s F and still no clouds yet.