Dusty's indoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
This is Dusty's nighttime enclosure. We have been fortunate with 80's temps so he spends most of the day outside so I do not have UVB in this enclosure. If I feel he needs it this winter I will most likely add a 18"ReptiSun. The pics make it look so small but it's a 3x2 viv with sliding doors so the humidity stays between 70-90%. All he does is dig down in a small burrow under the silk plant. He really never explores unless I bring him out to eat or soak in his dish. There is a log hide but he never uses it.
Thanks for looking.
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Enclosure looks good. One thing i noticed, is that you have a ceramic heat emitter over the water dish. You should move the CHE or the water dish because it will heat the water and when your tort goes for a dip he will ge burned.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
SteveP said:
Very cool!! How does it open?

The glass doors slide. One of my reptile shops sells them in different sizes.

jrcrist4 said:
Enclosure looks good. One thing i noticed, is that you have a ceramic heat emitter over the water dish. You should move the CHE or the water dish because it will heat the water and when your tort goes for a dip he will ge burned.

Thanks. I thought it would help with the humidity but I will move it over.

SteveP

5 Year Member
Royal Palm Beach, FL
Gotcha!! I think the store what I got my tort sells them too. I already had a 30g aquarium to use inside.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I am using that exact same lighting technique in my new enclosure I am about to build but I am not sure on how to wire those kinda of light fixtures. any help you could give me would be awesome.
Its a beautiful enclosure mine is going to look a lot like that.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
BrinnANDGupta said:
I am using that exact same lighting technique in my new enclosure I am about to build but I am not sure on how to wire those kinda of light fixtures. any help you could give me would be awesome.
Well one ceramic light fixture was in the enclosure when bought. I think you just buy the ceramic fixture and wire it then screw it to the top where you want it. But drill the hole in the back wall before wiring and feed the exposed wire thru then wire it up and screw it to the top. OK did any of that make sense?
I did drill another hole for the thermostat for the CHE. I can take close up pics if needed. I still need to add a timer for my light.
I love this enclosure because it's safe from my 3 Labs and keeps the humidity up. It's like a sauna when I open it. PM if you want photo's. Good Luck!!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Momof4 said:
BrinnANDGupta said:
Well one ceramic light fixture was in the enclosure when bought. I think you just buy the ceramic fixture and wire it then screw it to the top where you want it. But drill the hole in the back wall before wiring and feed the exposed wire thru then wire it up and screw it to the top. OK did any of that make sense?
I did drill another hole for the thermostat for the CHE. I can take close up pics if needed. I still need to add a timer for my light.
I love this enclosure because it's safe from my 3 Labs and keeps the humidity up. It's like a sauna when I open it. PM if you want photo's. Good Luck!!

I shot you a PM because I need help lol

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
bigred said:
Nice setup, all you need is one more redfoot hatchling to keep him company.

Don't even go there!! I think about it all the time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.