Dry Poop Stuck

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You need to read the caresheet in the African sulcata section. This is a sulcata right?
Soak every day. Basking temp 95-100, all over temp 80 day and night humidity or humid hide 80% She is young enough now for a closed chamber.
Please read the threads I mentioned before.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I do want to make sure this doesn’t happen again so if you guys can, please let me know what to feed her besides lettuce to help her grow and prevent this problem again.
Read through this at least twice:

Donna Albu

5 Year Member
Peoria, Maricopa County, AZ
PLEASE read and follow the Care Sheet Tom pointed out for you. Also note, there are many different types of lettuce. Not all are nutritious. Iceberg lettuce is useless unless all you want is crunch. Not even good for humans. Whatever vegies you introduce to your tortoise, but them up very small. Cucumber, zucchini, pumpkin, okra are great to get more fluid into your tortoise. If you can find mulberry and grape leaves, run them under running water & put into his area without drying off. Is your water dish a small, shallow, rough plant saucer? Need to make sure it is always at least 1/2 full. Needs to be big enough for him to fit his whole body into, And nice long soaks. Right now I put my babies out in alf sun, half shade. The sun keeps the water warm. When it get uncomfortably warm for me, we all go back inside! Last 2 weeks were too hot for them to be out, so they soaked inside, but we're expecting a cool down, so we can go outside again. Oh, and make sure whatever grass & weeds you get has no pesticides or herbicides on it (for MONTHS).
Good luck.

Stephanie Rae

Corvallis
View attachment 349669
I really hope this isn’t too concerning because I’ve been taking care of her exactly as I read online. So 2 days ago, while soaking my baby tortoise I noticed she has a hard poop stuck on her bottom. It immediately brought a red flag to me as I didn’t know what to do. I do keep giving her greens such as lettuce and there has been small progress as the picture shown is today where her poop is more out than 2 days ago since I’ve been soaking her with warm water after I got information here on what to do in this situation. However it still concerns me that it hasn’t fully come out yet. What do I do? Please let me know as soon as I can. I don’t want to panic yet.
That almost looks like a prolapse. My Leopard wasn't acting normal, not moving as much, not eating as much, and such. I soaked him again yesterday and he had such a big poop it was 6" long, then he had 2 more bowel movements and he's feeling SO much better. Eating, drinking, walking around as usual. I have no idea what clogged him up. I was giving him watermelon (mostly for hydration), which he loves, but he wouldn't really eat it definitely not normal. Anyway, now that he's pooped he's much better. I'd probably see a vet for yours. Good luck!!! I hope she feels better soon!