Dream Species

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
FLORIDA
I would love an aldabra and russian. My hubby has mentioned that he wanted a radiated.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
A single female that likes turtles and tortoises
Oh wait that is a fantasy not a dream
My top ones would be an aldab and galap naturally.
I would also like a large breeding group of russians (working on that)
ornate and gulf coast boxes
spotted turtles ( breeding group preferred)
DBT
Pancakes (again breeding group preferred)
and a couple of odds and ends

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
dmmj said:
A single female that likes turtles and tortoises
Oh wait that is a fantasy not a dream
My top ones would be an aldab and galap naturally.
I would also like a large breeding group of russians (working on that)
ornate and gulf coast boxes
spotted turtles ( breeding group preferred)
DBT
Pancakes (again breeding group preferred)
and a couple of odds and ends

I was VERY lucky in that my wife actually picked out the baby herm we got. She loves torts, which is a good thing for me :D

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
I wish I had like 5 million acres. Than I could have 103 of each :p

Leos are my absolute FAVE though. I would have 203 of them :D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
My dreams have come true!

2927aj9.jpg

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Vermont
ALDABRAMAN said:
My dreams have come true!

2927aj9.jpg

WOOT! Good for you man! I think you are what most aspire too. I know I do anyway. I'm not going to hide it one bit, lol.

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
Let's see here...
My number one dream was a cherry head redfoot, and I had that with Piglet. Now that Piglet has passed, it will be some time before I have a desire to acquire another. He was just too special of a little guy; so much personality for a little tort.

I have an itch to get another tort, however. In order of dream:

1. Pancake; I have always loved them. I find them to be so fascinating- even though they are known to be somewhat shy.
2. Sulcata; this is probably going to be my next tort. They are cute babies, admittedly (though they are rivaled by any baby tort, really :p), but I actually prefer their appearance as adults. I hope to soon have a sully of my own. :D
3. Aldabra; this is definitely a "dream" only. I am not sure I would ever own one, but I did have a really wicked dream about it one time. I blame Aldabraman's beautiful pictures of his herd :p
4. CDT; to host one would be an honor. However, that also means staying in CA, which is why I keep it strictly in the dream category LOL

I always see pictures of the Greeks, Hermanns, and Russians and fall instantly in love- Stars are just gorgeous, too. If I was a millionaire, I would probably have my property dedicated to owning quite the collection of varied tort. If I was a billionaire, that property would have specialized rooms to mimic each habitat (part of the wicked dream I once had ;)).

As for turtles, I would love to own some colorful box turtles, a sideneck turtle, and a diamondback. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Stephanie, there is nothing "wicked" about your dreams. I find them quite appealing actually.

I recently acquired 5 baby pancakes for a friend. They are not as shy as I expected them to be. You might be pleasantly surprised. Certainly much easier to house and feed than a giant tan bulldozer...

You just let me know when you are ready for a sulcata. I'll getcha all set up. :D

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
Tom said:
Stephanie, there is nothing "wicked" about your dreams. I find them quite appealing actually.

I recently acquired 5 baby pancakes for a friend. They are not as shy as I expected them to be. You might be pleasantly surprised. Certainly much easier to house and feed than a giant tan bulldozer...

You just let me know when you are ready for a sulcata. I'll getcha all set up. :D

Sorry, I'm stuck in a 90s timewarp where using 'wicked' is still considered cool. I need to get out more. :p
It was one of the best dreams I ever had. I woke up feeling rich. Much like this woman, but it was because of my dream, definitely not my cell phone bill LOL

You acquired 5 baby pancakes and neglected to post pics? Are you crazy? Or am I crazy? I'm going to double check your threads to see if you did!
They might be easier to house than a giant tan bulldozer, but can they confuse the crap out of a burglar? I'd LOVE to see an intruder try to pick up a big ol' 100+ lb. brute of a sulcata LOL! :D :p
I always imagine the annoyed/ticked off look that sullies can give as an intruder approaches (that narrowing of the eyes; I hope I'm not sounding crazy here, I swear I'm not totally certifiable)...unless they whipped out a carrot. :p

LOL I'm ready ;) (seriously though, don't tempt me hahaha)

Status
Not open for further replies.