Do I need to mist in morning

tortoise/1

Location (City and/or State)
chesterfield
I have 2 Russian tortoise I was wondering if I need to mist every morning as I have eco earth for substrate it gets dry very quick and is eco earth safe for tortoise beaucase they are so many bad ones out there !

Thanks !

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Eco earth is fine. Instead of misting which really does very little, pour warm water into the corners so the bottom layer gets damp.
Be sure to house your two separate. Tortoises should not be kept in pairs, specially Russians.

tortoise/1

chesterfield
Eco earth is fine. Instead of misting which really does very little, pour warm water into the corners so the bottom layer gets damp.
Be sure to house your two separate. Tortoises should not be kept in pairs, specially Russians.
Thanks !

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If your tortoises are small and still growing, they would benefit greatly from being in a large closed chamber instead of a dry open table.

tortoise/1

chesterfield
If your tortoises are small and still growing, they would benefit greatly from being in a large closed chamber instead of a dry open table.

Yes they are not in a table

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes they are not in a table
Your substrate should not be drying out in a closed chamber. Somehow, there is too much ventilation. To keep things more damp and humid, reduce ventilation.